Actress Susan Sarandon Is Selling Her Manhattan Loft For Nearly 8 million
- Susan Sarandon has listed her Manhattan apartment for $7.9 million.
- She lived there for the last 30 years and the property is very close to her heart.
- She first bought the Chelsea duplex in 1991 when was with Tim Robbins.
- The actress took full ownership after their separation in 2011.
- She has listed the house with Mara Flash Blum and Nikki Field-both associated with Sotheby’s International Realty.
- The property which stands at 6,000 square feet has five bedrooms, a playroom, two bathrooms, an open kitchen, and not to forget a huge 43-foot terrace.
Bull Durham actress and activist Susan Sarandon is finally moving on from her Manhattan loft where she lived for nearly 30 years.
She has listed the property for nearly &7.9 million. She bought the house in 1991 with her former boyfriend Tim Robbins and became the sole owner after the separation in 2011.
As per her realtor Mara Flash Blum,
“The loft is over 6,000 square feet, and as hard as it is to let the wonderful memories go, she has made the decision to downsize. It is time for some lucky purchaser to make it their own”.
The two-storied loft is connected by a staircase. There are five bedrooms with an additional office or library which can also be converted to a bedroom.
Located on the seventh and eighth floors, there is also a separate entrance via a private and keyed elevator.
Related Post: Marisa Tomei-Net Worth
According to the listing description, “The colossal living space was used for the Oscar-winning owner’s children’s theatre pieces, dance recitals, and celebrity dance performances, complete with a curved staircase used for audience seating.”
It further says, “Although it may have been designed with her large family in mind, this spacious place could now easily work as an urban oasis for a new owner to live in, work, and enjoy.
“Exactly what today’s buyer is hoping to find: grand-scale rooms, architectural details, dramatic downtown views, outside space, private elevator landing in [a] boutique building, and interesting celebrity provenance,”
On the other hand, Sarandon is looking for another apartment nearby, As per her interview with Wall Street Journal, “I’ve always been a New Yorker, and I’ll continue to be a New Yorker.”