What Is The Net Worth Of Leonardo DiCaprio?
Leonardo DiCaprio is an American actor, film producer and environmentalist with a net worth of $245 million. He is best known for his role Jack Dawson in the James Cameroon hit Titanic and in Revenant as Hugh Glass for which he won an Oscar.
He began acting in commercials during the late 1980s before getting into his movie debut as Josh in Critters 3.
Net Worth Details: Career And Income Sources
After playing in commercials during the late 80s, he appeared in the soap opera Santa Barbara and the sitcom Growing Pants. He made his big-screen debut in 1993 as Josh in Critters 3.Since, he has appeared in over 30 movies, most notably;
|This Boy’s Life||n/a||$4.1 million|
|Titanic||$200 million||$2.187 billion|
|Shutter Island||$80 million||$294.8 million|
|Inception||$160 million||$828.3 million|
|Django Unchained||$100 million||$425.4 million|
|The Revenant||$135 million||$533 million|
|The Wolf of Wall Street||$100 million||$392 million|
|Once Upon a Time in Hollywood||$90-$96 million||$244.3 million|
Titanic became the highest-grossing movie until Cameroon’s own Avatar in 2010 and later by Avengers: Endgame in 2019.
These are the list of awards held by Leonardo DiCaprio:
|2013||AACTA||Best Lead Actor||The Great Gatsby|
|2016||Academy Awards (Oscars)||Best Actor||The Revenant|
|2014||Critics’ Choice||Best Comedy Movie Actor||The Wolf of Wall Street|
|2005||Golden Globe||Best Actor in a Drama||The Aviator|
|1998||MTV Movie||Best Male Performance||Titanic|
|2010||Teen’s Choice||Thriller Movie Actor||Shutter Island|
Leo’s co-stars include Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Tom Hardy, Al Pacino, Angelina Jolie, Samuel L. Jackson among many others.
Where Does Leonardo Reside?
Dicaprio is known for his real estate purchases. He owns the following properties:
- A $4.9 million, 4,644 square feet, 5 bedroom 7 bathroom house in Los Feliz, California.
- A $4 million (originally $2 million) property in Hollywood Hills.
- A $1.7 million bunglow in carbon Beach, California which he has taken on and off the market, most recently for $9 million
- A $1.75 million island, Blackadore Caye which is off the coast of Belize.
- Two side-by-side apartments for $3.67 million and $8 million in New York’s Battery Park tower
- A 7000 square foot palm springs house with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms which he bought for $5 million in 2014
- A $23 million Malibu beachhouse sitting on 1.7 acres of Malibu’s beachfront.
What cars does Leonardo DiCaprio drive?
He also has an impressive car collection.
- Fisher Karma-$130,000 (0-60 in 2.9 seconds)mps- 403 bhp.
- Toyota Prius-$24,000 (0-60 in 9.8 seconds)mps- 121 bhp.
- Tesla Roadster-$200,000 (0-60 in 4 secs)mps- 248 bhp
These 3 cars all-electric vehicles that don’t emit harmful gases.
- Porsche Cayenne-$74,000 (0-60 in 3.9 secs) mps- 541 bhp
Following the success of his movie Titanic in 1997, DiCaprio established the Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation in 1998, a non-profit organization devoted to promoting environmental awareness. The organization focuses on all areas of the environment.
It mainly focuses on global warming, preservation of biodiversity and support of renewable energy. The organization has worked for projects in over 40 countries and produced two short web documentaries.
Because of his active involvement in various cases, he has received Martin Litton Environment Award in 2001 from Environment Now and the Environmental Leadership Award in 2003 from Global Green USA.
His 2016 Oscar speech stated:
Climate change is real, it is happening right now. It is the most urgent threat facing our entire species, and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating. We need to support leaders around the world who do not speak for the big polluters, but who speak for all of humanity, for the indigenous people of the world, for the billions and billions of underprivileged people out there who would be most affected by this.
He further said:
For our children’s children, and for those people out there whose voices have been drowned out by the politics of greed.
His other philanthropic causes include helping children in third-world countries. During the making of his movie, he worked with 24 orphaned children in Mozambique which he was deeply touched by. In 2010, he donated $1 million for relief in Haiti after the earthquake.
After Hurricane Harvey hit US, he provided $1 million to the United Way Harvey Recovery Fund in 2017 through his foundation. Besides these, he donated $61,000 for LGBT people in media, $65,000 to the Children of Armenia Fund and $35,000 to the Los Feliz branch of Los Angeles’ Public Library.
Tax And Insurance
The personal details of Leo’s taxes and insurances are unknown but Akira, a movie he produced was given $18 million in tax credit.
The Personal Life Of Leonardo Dicaprio
Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio was born on November 11, 1974, in Los Angeles to parents George and Irmelin. He was named Leonardo because his mother was looking at a Leonardo Da Vinci painting in Florence, Italy when he first kicked.
His parents separated when he was a year old and he lived mostly with his mother. He attended Seeds Elementary School, John Marshall High School and Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies for 4 years. He spent a part of his childhood with his maternal grandparents in Germany hence being able to hold a conversation in German and Italian.
Relationships: Wife Or Girlfriend?
DiCaprio’s relationships have been widely covered in the public and are known by the public. He has dated the following women:
- British Singer Emma Bunton in 1997.
- Actress Bijou Phillips
- Models Kristen Zang and Emma Miller
- Brazillian model Gisele Bundchen from 2000 to 2005.
- Israeli model Bar Refaeli from 2005 to 2011
- Actress Blake Lively for 5 months in 2011. (She is now married to Ryan Reynolds)
- German fashion model Toni Garrn from July 2013 until December 2014 and briefly reunited in 2017.
- Singer Rihanna for a brief time in 2015
He is currently dating model Camila Morrone and has been since late 2017.
Age & Height
Leonardo DiCaprio is 44 years old and stands 183 cm or exactly 6 feet.