The American political commentator, Jesse Watters, is famous for making his frequent appearance in the political talk show, The O’Reilly Factor. Currently, he is working on the Fox News Channel and is also known for hosting Watters’ World show since 2017. He is also the co-host of The Five.
Jesse Watters, as of late 2019, has a net worth of $5 million.
Source Of Jesse Watters’ $5 Million Worth
Jesse collected all of his fortunes from his career as a TV host, producer as well as a political commentator since 2002. As per the Celebrity Net Worth, he makes $2 million per annum as his salary as a commentator.
Similarly, the Fox News Channel host $74,000 per annum, and the political commentators’ salary is $94,747 on average. The salary varies as per their position, experience, and demand.
Career In Brief
After his college graduation, Watters started working at Fox News as a production assistant. After a few years of contribution as a production assistant, he worked on The O’Reilly Factor as production staff.
Eventually, his talent and hard work were paid, and he got his own show on November 20, 2015, titled Watters’ World. Though the show was primarily made for the monthly slot, its popularity made the makers change the show’s time slot. It began to air every week.
Considered “Ambush Journalist,” Walters became the co-host of The Five in April 2017.
It is not a new fact that Watters’ controversial remarks is what made him famous in the American TV world. Some of his most controversial statements are listed below:
- Watters while talking about climate change, he joked that “You can fight climate change with suntan lotion. It’s not that big of a deal” referring to Donald Trump’s policy of separating children from their families. He said, “Some would say it’s a more humane policy.”
- Another one of his most controversial comments was on the September 11 terror attacks. He said, “It is always a Muslim,” on the O’Reilly Factor.
- Jesse blamed John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, for the theft of his emails by Russian hackers. “What happened was John Podesta gave his password to a hacker. And guess what his password was. ‘Password.’ It’s a true story. His password was ‘password.”
- He was also accused of racism toward Asian Americans. During one of the episodes of his show Watters’ World in October 2016, he asked few Chinese Americans if they knew karate, or if their watches were stolen. In addition to that, throughout the interview, the 1974 song “Kung Fu Fighting” played in the background.
- The show and Watters were highly criticized by many journalists and politicians including the Asian American Journalists Association which released the statement “We should be far beyond tired, racist stereotypes and targeting an ethnic group for humiliation and objectification on the basis of their race.”
- He was further dragged to the controversy when he refused to give an apology, stating: “My man-on-the-street interviews are meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek and I regret if anyone found offense. … As a political humorist, the Chinatown segment was intended to be a light piece, as all Watters’ World segments are.”
- Watters was also criticized as Lewd when he commented on first lady Ivanka Trump in April 2017 while co-hosting The Five. While reviewing the footage of Ivanka speaking on a panel about female entrepreneurship. He stated: “So I don’t really get what’s going on here, but I really liked how she was speaking into that microphone.
- Later, he denied the statement being sexual stating, “During the break, we were commenting on Ivanka’s voice and how it was low and steady and resonates like a smooth jazz radio DJ… This was in no way a joke about anything else.”
Engaged To Emma After Divorcing With Noelle Inguagiato
The 41 years old Jesse is currently engaged to a lady named Emma DiGovine. He shared the news of his engagement on August 25, 2019. Even President Donald Trump congratulated him on his engagement.
On the other hand, Emma also posted the picture of the couple with a caption,
Today, my best friend asked me to marry him. I love you forever
Previously he was married to Noelle Inguagiato (who is a media host as well as a fashion stylist). The former couple shared their wedding vows in 2009.
Together they share twin babies, daughters Sophie and Ellie. The former couple used to reside in Manhasset, New York, until they decided to separate in 2017.
The main reason for Jesse and Noelle’s separation was reported to be Jesse’s extramarital affair with his Fox News Channel Co-worker. Noelle filed for the divorce in late 2017, which was finalized in 2018.
Jesse Watters was born on July 9, 1978, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S, and grew up in Germantown and East Falls neighborhood. He was born to Stephen Watters and Anne Purvis Watters. Later on, he moved to Long Island, New York, along with his parents.
Talking about education, he joined William Penn Charter School. Later on, in 2011, he graduated with a B.A. in history from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut.