Adele Give £140 Million Out Of £190 Million To Ex-Husband Simon Konecki As Divorce
- Superstar Singer Adele Reportedly Divorced From Partner Of Eight Years Simon Konecki.
- According To Some Reports, She Paid £140 Million ($174,524,000) To Her Former Husband As Divorce Settlement.
- The Pair Has Decided To Share Custody Of Their Seven-Year-Son And Raise Him “Lovingly”.
- The Divorce Was Filed By Adele In The United States, And A Court In Los Angeles Was Overseeing The Case.
- Adele Requested The Court To Keep The Matters, Including The Financial Details Private Which The Court Approved.
Adele is many people’s go-to artists when it comes to heartbreak songs and breakups, but the signer herself is going through a divorce with her husband, Simon Konecki. She was named the richest musician under 30 years old in the UK and Ireland in 2017.
She announced her marriage to Konecki in 2017, around 5 years after the birth of their son. The news of the couple’s divorce came amid the Coronavirus pandemic all over the world.
They had not signed a prenuptial agreement, and sources have claimed that she has to give £140 million ($174,524,000) out of her £190 million ($237,173,200) estimated net worth.
The divorce was filed in a Los Angeles court, and Adele requested that the financial and other details of the case be kept private.
The court approved her request, but inside sources have said that she and her husband have agreed to share custody of their son Angelo (Seven years old in April 2020).
California divorce laws state that the assets acquired during the marriage must be equally split, but by the time she had married Simon Konecki, she had already released 3 albums, among which 2 titled “19” and “21” had been released even before she met Konecki.
Adele is on track to release a follow up to her chart-topping album “25”. She revealed that her next album would be released in September while officiating a friend’s wedding.
Recently released photos also show the star has lost a lot of weight and appeared distressed as she landed in London after a long time away from her hometown.